Sunday, June 21, 2009

This is why I left the Hamptons. Homecoming.

Current Mood: Entertained

I'm juggling a few things right now, but here's a look into my life.

I'm coming home for the first time in a long time. The thing is, this time I'm by myself. I'm getting to do the whole routine that Omair did. Going to other countries, hangin' out, doin' it big. I wonder if I'll do it right. It looks good right now. I've got my heart set on something good. Lets see what comes from it.

Thoughts of: Washington D.C.

It's SUPER clean
The hobo scene is much more relaxed than other cities
Attire is for comfort and work, but style is still important. The majority of people still look as if their clothing is from a dept. store, but that's to be expected.
The area is quaint. Not nearly as busy as NYC today, but it's Sunday.

Washington is nice. It's very classy, while at the same time maintaining a very function-based living and working environment for its constituents. At this point, all I'm trying to do is put things into perspective. Today is Sunday, it's a day to unwind for most-- Those 9-5's can be killer. The people seem nice. Not standoffish as most some New Yorkers are. Hopefully I don't become to jaded there. The population is a decent mix of black, white, and other, but all of the homeless that I've seen are black. Figures. They're generally more outspoken. If there were white hobos, I'm sure they would be asking for money too, but they're too proud sometimes. More news on the homeless scene as I explore tomorrow.
If my Apple job falls through, I think that I may just come here and enjoy D.C. until I go to school. Going back to Memphis seems like it'll be extremely hard. These three days away have given me a lot to think about, and ironically, time to think about it. Memphis life is such a routine. I'm sick of it. Really. It's not my type of life.
Well, I'm on the train into M.D. right now. Gotta try and get a hold of family to pick me up, but the subways are preventing that >.<. I'll update soon. Peace(maker).

0 comments: